Wholegrain Puff Pastry Workshop
October 3rd 2021
10:45am – 4:00pm
Fancy learning how to use more flavourful flours in your pastry? Then why not join our very own Sarah Lemanski in the bakery for this fun, informative and delicious workshop that will inspire you to reconnect with where your flour comes from and dive deeper into your own intuitive baking practice to create flavourful puff pastry with regional wholegrains.
This workshop is aimed at anyone eager to learn more about whole grains, stoneground flour or sourcing and using regional grains, whether that be in your own bakery or at home. We will discuss the incredible sensory attributes of wholegrain flour and touch upon the values they add to a diverse and robust farming system.
This will be a great opportunity to learn through observation and response, a practice that will allow you to expand your understanding of making any pastry with wholegrain, regional and stoneground flours.
The workshop will cover –
• How to make wholegrain puff pastry with regional, stoneground flour
• Hand laminating puff pastry
• Savoury and sweet uses for puff pastry
• Demonstrations of accompanying components required to create pastries and desserts using puff pastry
• How to sensory evaluate regional wholegrains and build an understanding of what pastry applications they’re best suited to.
What is included in the day?
• Refreshments throughout the day, along with lunch.
• All ingredients and equipment required for the day.
• Recipes from the workshop.
• Pastries made in class to take home.